Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Name Ranges...

You need to mention the workbook name. Names collection represents all the
names in the active workbook. (names defined with the Workbookname and
"WorksheetName!" as prefix).

--
Jacob

"Vixter" wrote:

Hi Jacob, thanks but I can't seem to work it.
I basically need a sumproduct of "Amount" from the other workbook. (I'm
doing it between dates). In my workbook with the names I use the following
formula:
=SUMPRODUCT((Date_Jan=B15)*(Date_Jan<=B16),Amount _Jan)
I need to use the same formula but without just copying it from one workbook
to another.
Is this possible?
Thanks.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

The below would refer to the first cell of named range Name1 from saved
workbook Mybook.xls

=INDEX(MyBook.xls!Name1,1)

--
Jacob

"Vixter" wrote:

P.S. It's not just using the same name. I need to use the same ranges as the
two workbooks are connected.

"Vixter" wrote:

I have one workbook where I have named ranges.
Is it possible to somehow use those names in formulas in a completely
different workbook? Excel 2003.
Any help is appreciated.