Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Prem Prem is offline

Default Help creating attendance sheet.

Hi Max,

I just realized what the problem was. I misunderstood what you meant by
"Assume C1 will house the input for the subject, eg: Chemistry:".

I thought this was for my original subject list, not the new sheet fir the
attendance. Thank you for the help. It worked. Much appreciated :)

Regards,
Prem Ananthan.

"Max" wrote:

DVs should not pose any problems. But you could check that the inputs: Yes,
No do not contain any extra white spaces which might be throwing correct
matches off.
Take away this working sample to see where the actual implementation issue
lies with you over the
http://cjoint.com/?byiGLVALwt
Let me know here
--
Max
Singapore
"prem" wrote:
Hi Max,
I copied and pasted your formulae into cells A2, B2 and C2 of my new sheet.
I then copied the respective formulae down columns A, B and C.

Columns A and C are blank. In column B, it returns "#N/A".

Not sure if this could be a problem but in my "Subjects" sheet, I select the
"Yes" or "No" options using a dropdown list.

Thank you for your patience.