Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default calculate percent between 10.0 and 12.0 for data in multiple s

Ok, need some clarification...

You want the percentage of patients that have a hemo value =10 and <=12.

In the original post you said this value was located in cell A9 on each
patients sheet which implies a single value per patient.

In your follow-up you now say there is a hemo value for each month.

So, how would you calculate the percentage of patients with a hemo value
=10 and <=12 when there are multiple hemo values for each patient?

Let's assume this is your data:

Pat1: 9.52,9.50,11.12,11.65,11.10
Pat2: 8.99,9.99,10.01,12.01,11.52

What percentage of those 2 patients meet the criteria?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"wissam" wrote in message
Hemoglobin is decimal number to 2 decimal places,
The following is an example of the sheets I have (one sheet per patient;
has
data from multiple months; has data on hemoglobin and other labs; I will
need
to calculate percentage for other labs too [like percentage with ferritin
800], but I could adopt the help I get about Hemoglobin for other labs).

Thanks a lot.

Jan Feb Mar Apr May
Hemoglobin 9.52 9.50 11.12 11.65 11.10
HCT 28.2 28.5 32.0 33.4 33.9
Ferritin 750 535 415 482 486
Iron Sat 17.3 32.2 12.5 38.4 61.8
Potassium 5.5 4.6 4.8 5.5 5.9

Thanks

"T. Valko" wrote:

What are some typical hemoglobin values? Are they intergers (whole
numbers)?
Are they decimal numbers to 1 decimal place? Are they decimal numbers to
2
decimal places?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"wissam" wrote in message
I have data of blood test results for patients in an excel file, with
each
patient's data being placed on one worksheet. For instance:
Data for PatientA are in worksheet called "PatientA" where cell A9 is
patient's Hemoglobin value

Data for PatientB are in worksheet called "PatientB", where cell A9 is
patient's Hemoglobin value
Data for PatientZ are in worksheet called "PatientZ"; cell A9 is
patient's
Hemoglobin value

I need to create a summary sheet, where A9 in the summary sheet would
give
me the percentage of among all patients (PatientA to PatientZ) where
Hemoglobin level is between 10 and 12

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

.