Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default extracting R-squared value from a chart

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:18:01 -0800, mikelee101 <mikelee101athotmaildotcom
wrote:

Hello,
I have a scatter chart with a power trendline. The R-squared value is
displayed. I did find formulae that I can use to calculate the c & b value
(for the equation y=c*x^b) directly from the data. My question is whether
there is a formula that I can use to either:

a-extract the R-squared value from the chart, or
b-calculate the R-sqared value directly from the data and equation values (c
& b).

I hope that makes sense. It's been a looooong time since I've used
Statistics, so I may have used some terms incorrectly. If so, I apologize.
Let me know and I can clarify.

Thanks for the help.

Did you try using the formula he

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...078071033.aspx