Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Per Jessen[_2_] Per Jessen[_2_] is offline

Default help creating a time function

Thanks for your reply.

Sure, =SUM(A2:D2) work on time, but if the result exceeds 24 hours,
you have to format the resulting cell as Custom: [h]:mm to show the
result as hours.
(Goto Format Cells Number Custom Type: [h]:mm)

Regards,
Per

On 22 Jan., 03:48, Josh wrote:
Per,

That worked PERFECTLY!!! *Thank you!!!

Now one more question. *I am also trying to add up the time but the simple
=sum (a2:d2) doesnt work. *Is there a special one for time?

"Per Jessen" wrote:
Hi

=A1-TIMEVALUE("8:00")

Format the resulting cell as time.

Regards,
Per

On 22 Jan., 02:29, Josh wrote:
Hello,
I am trying to create a time function that will look at a typical day and
add the hours. *Then show how many hours after 8 is overtime. *I have the
first part created, but how can I write a formula that will look at say 12:45
hours and tell me 4:45 of it is overtime? *Please help!!

Thanks!!!

.- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -

- Vis tekst i anførselstegn -