Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme[_2_] Bernard Liengme[_2_] is offline

Default compare 5 columns of text and highlight duplicates based on repeti

Visit http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/Lists.htm
Then come back if more is needed
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"BarryTheCamper" wrote in message
I run a summer camp and I have a ws with 5 columns, each representing a
calendar year (2005-2009). The columns each have 500 names (first and
last)
of campers that attended that year. I'd like to compare the columns and
have
Excel highlight names that appear in more than one column. Preferably with
color that represents duplication 2x, 3x, 4x or 5x. I'm trying to
determine
who attended 2 years, who attended 3 years and so on. The color would be
based on how many years attended rather than individual names. I have
Excel
2007 and I'm new at this whole programming stuff. I need help!