Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DataGuy DataGuy is offline

Default vlookup with two data points.

Ok...I am not sure how to set up this formula.

Sheet 1: Column A:Employee ID # B:Effective Dates
Sheet 2: Column A:Employee ID # B:Effective Dates C:Change Reasons

Example Data:
Sheet 1:

Employee ID Effective Date Change Reasons
11734 3/23/2009
11734 12/16/2008
11734 12/1/2008
20045 6/5/2008

Sheet 2:

Employee ID Effective Date Change Reason
11734 3/23/2009 New Hire
11734 12/1/2008 Manager Change

I need to be able to get the 'Change Reasons' in Sheet 1 if the Employee ID
and Effective Dates are the same on both sheets.

Normal, I would do a vlookup, but since two items have to true, I am not
sure how to pull the data. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.