Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme[_2_] Bernard Liengme[_2_] is offline

Default Connect bars in a column chart

You will need to have each data series entered twice and convert one 'twin'
to a Line chart.
1) Select the range of cells for the first data series (just the y-values)
and Copy
2) Click the chart to 'activate' it
3) On the Home tab, launch the paste icon and select Paste Special; specify
New Series
4) On the chart, right click the newly added column; select Change Series
Chart Type; select Line
5) Format the new line to show line with no markers
Repeat all steps for every data series
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"I Teach" wrote in message
I would like to connect the tops of columns with a line in a multi-column
chart so that the line shows something like a trendline for the series.
Trendlines don't seem to show me what I would like to see.

I am using Excel 2007. Please let me know if this is possible.
--
I Teach