Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GBExcel via OfficeKB.com GBExcel via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Help needed on date matching and cell reference.

Hi,

I need a formula to return the value of a cell from a nearby column, based on
a matching of the months and years within a range of dates to the months and
years within a given date. Here is the setup:

Cell BA58 contains the given date.

Column AP, starting in Cell AP59 and going down to AP2000 contains the array
of dates that need to be evaluated to find which date matches the given date
in Cell BA58

Column AR, starting in Cell AR59 and going down to AR2000 contains the array
of numbers from which the result must be displayed. If a match is found
between the given date in Cell BA58 and a date within the array of dates in
AP59:2000, then the result should be the cell value taken from the same row
from column of numbers AR59:2000.

The dates from AP59 and down look like this:
Etc.

The given date in BA58 looks like this: 03/2009

The numbers from AR59 and down look like this:
0
9
8
7
4
3
Etc.

This is probably easy when one knows how, but I don't -- so I am stuck.

Help appreciated.

GBExcel