Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Better, More Sophisticated Charts & Graphs

No offense intended, but is the problem that XL doesn't have the
sophistication, or does the user not know all the tricks?

Check out Jon Peltier's site:
http://peltiertech.com/

He shows how to create numerous charts that many believe are "impossible",
as well as offer several charting add-ins. The other question you may need to
ask is what is the story you are trying to convey? Sometimes users get caught
up in making "fancier" charts and images that in reality hide/distort the
true data.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Jay" wrote:

Excel does not seem to allow the sophisticated level of charting and graphing
that I need. What add-ins from Microsoft or other companies, if any, should
I consider? I'm looking for no-to-low-cost recommendations. I'll pay if I
have to, but would rather avoid unnecessary cost if possible. Thx