Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Prem Prem is offline

Default Help creating attendance sheet.

Hi guys I am trying to create attendance sheets for my school students, who
are taking various subjects.

Right now, I have a sheet called "subjects" where in column A I have listed
the students' names. Column B has the header "chemistry". So students who
have enrolled for Chemistry will have the respective cell keyed in with
"yes". If they are not, "no" is entered.

Similarly, column C has the header "Physics" with either "yes" or "no" keyed
in.

What I need is this: I have another sheet named "Chemistry". So what I need
is If the student is taking Chemistry, their name should be automatically
entered in Column A of this sheet.

Similarly, I have another sheet named "Physics", where I need the names of
the students taking Physics. If the student isn't, the cell is left blank.

How might I achieve this? Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Prem Anantham