Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Conditional Formula

C(made in USA or Imported)
either "USA" or "I" for column C.

Will the cell (paragraph) *always* contain one or the other?

Can you post a sample paragraph so we can see what that looks like?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Amylou" wrote in message
What I have is a spread sheet of information from a vendor about several
different products. One specific column holds a single cell with what is
usually a paragraph of information about the product represented in that
row.
What I need to get out of each "paragraph" are specific key bits of
information and having to go through each paragraph for a minimum of key
points just seems to take forever.

What I would like to do is set up a few extra columns.
For example:

A(acid free) B(lightfast) C(made in USA or Imported)

.have these columns look through the "paragraph" and return either a "Y"
or
"N" for A & B and either "USA" or "I" for column C.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!