Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Wally Wally is offline

Default Counting Date Events

Per;
I'm sorry, but I could not make your suggestion work. When pressing ENTER
an error dialog box appears and the first S233 is highlighted. Can you tell
me what I'm doing wrong? I would like to better understand your suggestion.
Thanks.
Wally

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Hi

This will count number of events in January in range F2:S233

=COUNTIF(F2:S233;"=" &DATE(2009;1;1))-COUNTIF(F2:S233;"=" &
DATE(2009;2;1))

The second parameter in the DATE function is the month, and has to be
increased by 1 to count events for February.

Hopes this helps.
Per

"wally" skrev i meddelelsen
In a spreadsheet I have dates and times of events (example 10/2/2009
03:12)
in cells F2:S233. I need to count the events by month, ie January had 'x'
number of events, February had 'x' number of events, and so on. For my
need,
the time is irrelevant. Your suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

.