Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Chart with un even data

Hi,

You could try the broken axis approach.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm

For me your example data produces small but visible column/bars for the
categories C+D.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Abdul" wrote in message

I have to plot budget performance of different units in a chart. The
issue is that one of the unit is in miilons ( big figures while the
other units is in thousands (small amounts) If i sekect the proper
scale in a bar chart one of them is too small to be visible. I tried
to use logarthmatic scale, but it is not giving a clear picture. Like
when the achievement for the smaller figured bar chart portion is 50 %
the chart look like something like 90 %.

Is there a better way to present this? or use different scale for the
data for different bar?

My dat look like this

Category Budget Actual
A 365,000,000 395,000,000