Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting cases between dates

Yes. That's why it's got TODAY() in the formula.

COUNTIF is a standard Excel function, and you'll find details of its
operation and syntax in the Excel help for the function.
--
David Biddulph

"Lisa" wrote in message
Unbelieveable, i think you are a genius!!! I have no idea what any of it
meant but copied into the worksheet and it worked!!!!!!! Will it
automatically update if i wanted to do it tomorrow, next week etc???
Thank
you so much!
--
Many thanks, Lisa

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Hi Lisa

Suppose you have the dates in ColB try the below

'Count of clients waiting for the last 6 weeks
=COUNTIF(B:B,"" & TODAY()-(6*7))

'Count of clients waiting for the last 6 - 18 weeks
=COUNTIF(B:B,"" & TODAY()-(18*7))-COUNTIF(B:B,"" & TODAY()-(6*7))

'Count of clients waiting for 18 weeks and more
=COUNTIF(B:B,"<" & TODAY()-(18*7))

--
Jacob

"Lisa" wrote:

Hi, I am using a waiting list of our clients and i would like to be
able to
calculate how many are on the list, from todays date, that have been
waiting
less than 6 weeks, 6 - 18 weeks and 18 weeks+. I would be very grateful
for
any help with this as it's driving me mad :(
--
Many thanks, Lisa