Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Help on Macro to hide empty rows

Option Explicit
Sub PrintOrmondBeach()

Dim myCell As Range
Dim myRng As Range

With Worksheets("Ormond")
Set myRng = .Range("A1", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))

For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
If Trim(myCell.Value) = "" Then
myCell.EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
Next myCell

.PrintOut
End With

End Sub

I wouldn't be surprised that the cells in column A that look empty don't really
contain space characters. I'd bet that they were really empty.

nLeBlanc21 wrote:

Hi, I have a spreadsheet I created for an administrator that has many
extra rows with pre-set formulas. When we print though, there are a lot
of empty rows in between the relevant data. I am trying to build a macro
that will hide any row where column A is empty, then print, and then
unhide them again. Below is the macro I have so far. But it does
nothing! Any help or suggestions are appreciated as I haven't written
macros in years. (I have latest version of Excel on Windows Vista.)

Sub PrintOrmondBeach()
'
' PrintOrmondBeach Macro
Sheets("Ormond").Select
Dim x As Integer
' Set numrows = number of rows of data.
NumRows = Range("A1", Range("A1").End(xlDown)).Rows.Count
Range("A1").Select
For x = 1 To 300
If Ax = " " Then
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True
' Selects cell down 1 row from active cell.
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Next
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1
Sheets("Print").Select

nLeBlanc21

--

Dave Peterson