Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
trip_to_tokyo[_3_] trip_to_tokyo[_3_] is offline

Default vLookup

I have just re-tested this.

Double check the following points:-

1. Make sure that the range in your LOOKUP is fixed, for example:-

=VLOOKUP(F16,$B$2:$L$5,11,FALSE)

In the above:-

$B$2:$L$5

- is, €śfixed€ť.

If it is not, €śfixed€ť this may be giving you the problem that you are
experiencing.

2. Check the format of the cells you are working with.

If you are looking for an Employee Number ID, for example, make sure that
that is formatted as General in both the, €śsource data€ť and the VLOOKUP table
itself.

If they are formatted differently this may give rise to the problem that you
are experiencing.

3. If you want me to test further you need to give me some more details
about your, €śsource data€ť and what you are trying to look up and return.

"Marcon" wrote:

For some reason, I am having a problem with certain characters (letters) that
are not being read properly in a vLookup table. Right now I am having a
problem with the letter D - I have certain items designated as "D"'s, and
after I have created the table, it's not returning the value. I am getting
"#N/A" returned. The other characters are working fine. Any thoughts?
Thanks.