Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default How to roundoff the decimal points to the nearest whole integer?

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 17:16:02 -0800, Al wrote:

Is there a way to achieve such a roundup across a range of cells?
I understand =round(your_cell_reference,0) but that produces the rounded
value of, say A3 in, say, B3.
I often need to reduce a range of cells by a specified %. I then enter, say
.97 into a cell - so as to achieve a 3% reduction - and then copy/paste
special/multiply across range. This will give me results that are not whole
integers, but it is whole integers that are needed. (I then go in and
manually change the range values to the whole integers that I need, and this
can sometimes be 100s of cells!)
Anyone got some brillant way of doing this? Many thanks in advance!

You could either write a VBA macro to accomplish this over a defined range of
cells.

Or, if you understand the consequences, you could consider formatting the
relevant cells to zero decimal places, and then setting Precision as Displayed
in the Options. This might have undesired consequences, so be sure you
understand them.
--ron