Duke Carey

There's nothing you can set up, short of creating a macro for your users to
use, that isn't going to require some manual effort on their part.

bj's formula will work, but requires entering the formula into an empty
cell, copying it as needed, then copying all the formulas and Paste
SpeicalValues over top of the original cells - lots of work for your users

You can also select all the cells to be changed and do a Find & Replace -
replacing spaces with nothing - again requiring your users to take manual
steps.

"bj" wrote:

Check out the substitute function
=substitute(A1," ","") will get rid of all of the spaces in a text field.

" wrote:

Hi All,
I have a worksheet which takes values from other worksheets and I use this
to export to .csv so that I can script adding users to Novell using JRB
utils.

The problem I have is that some of our objects have spaces in the name and
the utility I use doesn't like that. I'm looking for some info on making
this change in the CELL and NOT writing a macro to do it so that others may
user this spreadsheet without knowledge of how to run or edit macro's should
anything change.

Any help appreciated