Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DENBRO DENBRO is offline

Default HOW CAN I EXTRACT TEXT TO THE RIGHT OF A THIRD SPACE FROM THE

Mike, you're quite the guru. that worked great, thanks. You seem to be very
knowledgeable. Any suggestions on books to teach functions and other cerebral
matters?

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

I misunderstood and what you want is a lot simpler

=TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",CHAR(1),3)),LEN(A1)))

--
Mike

When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces
the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question.
Occam''''s razor (Abbrev)

"DENBRO" wrote:

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

If your data are consistent then this will work

=MID(MID(MID(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","^",2),1,256),FIND("^",SUBSTITUTE(A1,"
","^",2)),256),2,FIND(" ",MID(MID(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"
","^",2),1,256),FIND("^",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","^",2)),256))-2)

--
Mike

When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces
the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question.
Occam''''s razor (Abbrev)

"DENBRO" wrote:

Mike, thanks for the reply. Your formula returned the bank number. In the listed example it was 254WW17PGA84HM5V3. However what I'm trying to get is the

NAME OF BUSINESS LOCATION AMOUNT. I appreciate your time and assistance..