Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pub pub is offline

Default HOW CAN I EXTRACT TEXT TO THE RIGHT OF A THIRD SPACE FROM THE LEFT

?B?REVOQlJP?= wrote in
:

I've transformed my pdf statements into text and put into excel 2007.
All entries are similar to this:
12/16 12/18 254WW17PGA84HM5V3 NAME OF BUSINESS LOCATION AMOUNT
the two dates are always 11 characters but the next set of bank
numbers vary in length. what I want to extract is the text for the
payment info to the right of space 3 to cut out all the lead in. I've
tried several functions and combinations but can't seem to hit it. Any
help is appreciated. thanks.

if in A1
- you want to extract NAME OF BUSINESS LOCATION AMOUNT
- date is always 11 (i would say 12, if theres a space after the last date
- that 254WW17PGA84HM5V3 is a always random length (no spaces???!)
copy&paste this in B1

=MID(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-12),FIND(" ",RIGHT(A1,(LEN(A1)-12)),1)+1,LEN(A1))

and is should just work