Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default HOW CAN I EXTRACT TEXT TO THE RIGHT OF A THIRD SPACE FROM THE LEFT

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 11:16:01 -0800, DENBRO
wrote:

I've transformed my pdf statements into text and put into excel 2007. All
entries are similar to this:
12/16 12/18 254WW17PGA84HM5V3 NAME OF BUSINESS LOCATION AMOUNT
the two dates are always 11 characters but the next set of bank numbers vary
in length. what I want to extract is the text for the payment info to the
right of space 3 to cut out all the lead in. I've tried several functions and
combinations but can't seem to hit it. Any help is appreciated. thanks.

Given that the text you want will always start in the 13th position, you could
simply use:

=MID(A1,13,255)

255 just needs to be larger than the longest substring that needs to be
extracted/
--ron