Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ken ken is offline

Default Trouble with Advanced Filter

G'day there Bob,

I tried it with a very cut-down version, A1:B2 with only data in A2, not B2,
and it works fine for me

Thanks for that. I spoke too soon before. It's still not working. I
found that when I run a filter with a criteria in it, say B1= "Name" &
B2="Smith" with the criteria range set to "Criteria" which is a named
range of A1:K3 then it will work sometimes. However once it has run
successfully and then reset via "Showall" and I try it again, the
Criteria Range field in the dialog doesn't contain "Criteria", it
contains B1:B2.

If I then change criteria by removing "Smith" and enter say "Somewhere"
under the Start_Loc heading and run the filter with "Criteria" in the
dialog, it still keeps B1:B2 as its criteria range complet with marching
ants around those cells. This is even though the criteria may now be
E1:E2.

Still working on it. I may have to reset using Criteria="" in the
Advanced Filter code plus dumping the bottom criteria row if there are
no Between dates to worry about. I'm not sure, but it must be in my
noggin somewhere :)

See ya
Ken