Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Frank Pozzuto Frank Pozzuto is offline

Default Pass parameter to launch batch file with variable from excel

I am trying to create an excel spreadsheet which has hyperlinks to
machine names and current software and a column with hyperlinks to a
batch file I have to run the updates (java, adobe, etc.) I am using a
variable in the batch file so that I can pass a parameter from the
commandline to automagically insert the machine name to remote execute
the batch. I cannot seem to pass the parameter from the excel
hyperlink to run the batch. I saw a few places about code for macros
or vba. I have extremly limited knowledge on coding. What are my
options here? Do I need to run some macro or VBA to get this simple
hyperlink to pass the parameter to the batch?