Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
indyjojo indyjojo is offline

Default Formula that will not return "0" from a blank line

Thank you for your reply. I tried that but I got a 0 which is not the result
I was looking for.

Maybe if I give an example it will be easier to clarify what I need.

A B C D E
1 TICKET # GRADE MILL DRIVER WEIGHT
2 123 ZONE 2 CLW WILSON 29.33
3 425 ZONE 2 CLW TROY 33.00
4
5

On the stumpage sheet, I need the ticket number, zone, and weight. What I
would like the function to do is once the information on row three is moved
over to the stumpage sheet row four will stay blank instead of showing a "0".
Currently, I have on the stumpage sheet in cell a4 I have =a2 which will
result in "123".

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:23:02 -0800, indyjojo
wrote:

Using excel 2003

I have a workbook that I will be using to calculate stumpage and payroll. To
get the data moved from the load sheet to the stumpage sheet, I have =(cell
address) and I copied that down. There are 30 lines of data but not all lines
will be used. If there is no data in a line I get "0" on the stumpage sheet.

For this cycle there are only 11 loads. On the stumpage sheet, I entered the
formula =count(loads) (loads is the range name of the 30 lines of data in
colA). I choose count because in that column I have ticket numbers. So I
wanted to know how many cells had numbers in that column so I would know how
many lines would be on the stumpage sheet.

I need a formula that will look in the cell and return only the cells that
have text.
Any help would be appreciated.

.