Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JGreg7 JGreg7 is offline

Default Turn off the formula correction feature

When you cut or delete cells, any formula that references those cells changes.

I am trying to compare columns of data using an "IF" function to show TRUE
or FALSE. In the process I wind up adding or deleting cells. Whenever I do
this, the folmula no longer works - it tries to reference the cell that is no
longer there.

What I would like to happen is that the formula references the new cell in
what was the previous location.

In example: if I delete A1, so that A2 becomes the new A1, I want the fomula
to look at the new A1 and ignore that I deleted a cell.

Is it possible to do this?
--
Thank you,
John Gregory