Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jack jack is offline

Default create a month column from date column

If I change the format in F2, how can I run a subtotal of all values for May?
How can I create a pivot table that groups all the values in May when I use
F2 as a column header? (it creates a column for each distinct day of the
month instead of a May column). Is there a way of doing so? I'm on XP with
Excel 2003. Thanks, jn

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

In F2, enter:
=E2 and format F2 as Custom mmmm yyyy
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

"jcontrer" wrote:

I have a column in which the date is entered in mm/dd/yyyy format.
what i would like to have is another column that takes that information and
gives me the month in word format and the year in number format.

so for example:
if e2= 05/07/2009
i would like to have f2= May 2009

is that possible? if so, How do I do that?
your help will be greatly appreciated
--
thanks in advance