Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Turning numbers into Dates

Changing the format of the cell doesn't change its value, but only the
method in which the value is displayed.
52309 is 52309 days from 0 Jan 1900, so is 19 March 2043.
If you want to change the number into a date, try =--TEXT(A20,"00\/00\/00")
and format the result as a date. That will work, providing that your
windows regional options use the same convention as you have used for short
date, which looks like m/dd/yy in your case.
--
David Biddulph

"Kbass" wrote in message
I would like to know how to turn a number such as "51319" into a date such
as
"5/13/19". As of now, when I try to format the cell to a date format, it
completely changes the date from "52309" to a random date such as
"7/11/35".
I have no idea why. Any ideas?