Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default My places Bar

You're sure you're using xl2003, right? This was new in xl2002.

If you do a file|open and then click on Tools|Add to "My Places"
does anything change?

I didn't try any of this stuff out, but I did search google for:
registry tweak myplaces
(one word for myplaces was intentional)

There were lots of hits including one that pointed to an MSKB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826214

You may want to do a little googling to see if you can find anything specific
for your version of excel and windows.

ps. Back up your registry before you modify it. Then you can just restore that
backup if you mess things up.

Rviv wrote:

Hello,

I am using office 2003, Recently I noticed that the "my places" bar has
disappeared. I have looked everywhere on how to put it back and have had no
luck. I have done registry entries with no luck. I did not install any recent
software. I have also tryed to repair office aswell.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

--

Dave Peterson