Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Glenn Glenn is offline

Default Is there a one button shortcut for "copy cell above & paste here"

Glenn wrote:
irishseawatcher wrote:
I have large data entry spreadsheets (10-20 columns) often with one or
two cells duplicated in the next row down. Is there a shortcut key
which will effectively act as "ditto" and enter the value & format
from the cell above? Can I MAKE a short-cut key to do this?
copy/paste and autofill by mouse take too long

Follow the directions in the help file under "Create a Macro".

Forgot to mention to select "Record a Macro" in the help file to display the
list of steps.

For step #8, you want "Relative Reference" selected.

For step #9, press the up arrow, select "Copy" from the Edit menu, press
the down arrow, select "Paste" from the Edit menu.

This is based upon the help file for Excel 2003. Your version and help
file text could vary.