Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
mz mz is offline

Default References omit formatting and return cell address - not data

In two cases of references between worksheets, the formatting from the
original cell does not appear in the cell that it is referenced to.

Case 1:
Worksheet 1, A1 contains a currency formatted number - $2,000
Worksheet 2, A1 references the Workhseet 1, A1 cell using the = sign, yet it
returns 2000 (unless I manually reformat the Workksheet 2 cell to Currency

Case 2:
Worksheet 3, A1 contains an apartment # - e.g. 4
Worksheet 4, A1 references this cell but returns the cell address -
Worksheet2,!A1' - rather than the number 4. I tried different formats for the
number 4, including =TEXT, but it did not correct the problem.

Thank you
--
MZ