Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR Hester JR Hester is offline

Default Double quotes when exporting to tab delimited file

Excel will always place text inside quotes when exporting as described. One
option is to run a find replace on eth resulting text file from Wordpad or
another text editor. replace "" with " should work for you.

HTH

"jjk98" wrote:

When exporting a worksheet to a tab delimited text file (.txt), fields
explicitly typed as text which contain a double quote (") are changed by
replacing each occurence of the single " with a pair of them.

For example the text in the spreadsheet reads: "Tin Foil" Revenues the
exported text is ""Tin Foil"" Revenues.

How do I stop this action? I have Excell 2007 and my spreadsheet has many
thousands of quoted strings.
--
Thanks for your help - jjk98