P08254 P08254 is offline
Junior Member

Post VLOOKUP & ISBLANK

Hi

I am using a vlookup function to have data from sheet 1 populate into sheet 2 when a look up criteria is entered in sheet 2. The problem I have is that the reference table in sheet 1 contains 0 (zero) values. The vlookup function recognises 0 as a blank and for this reason it populates corresponding data in sheet 2 even though I have not entered a look up value. I need to have the 0 values in the reference table. Also, I only want the data from sheet 1 to be populated into sheet 2 only when I enter a lookup value. To fix the problem, I think I need to use vlookup embedded in ISBLANK function. Though I am not sure how to do this. Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Cheers
Kim