Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
mshaffer mshaffer is offline

Default histogram from weighted data

I'm trying to use the 2007 histogram tool (or frequency) to show me
the frequency of data, but my data is in a different form than
required for either of these tools. Let me use the following simple
case -- to show the frequency of student grades both tools assume I
have a list of student's test grades. What if I instead have more than
one column, e.g., "grade" and "number students with that grade"??

My application is actually different, but it's still 2 columns, a
numeric property and a weighting factor (e.g., fraction of the total).

TIA :)