Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ken ken is offline

Default Trouble with Advanced Filter

G'day there again, Roger (or anyone else reading this)

Now that it's working, I'd like to clarify something about Advanced
Filters.

Do I need to set the criteria range to only those cells that actually
contain data? Or can I leave blanks.

I have a range from A1 to K3 that contains the cells where the filter
criteria will be. Suppose that A1 contains a field header called NAME
with the surname "Smith" as the required filter in A2.

Can I still use Range("A1:K3") as my criteria in the Advanced Filter
dialog, or do I have to reduce it to just Range("A1:A2")?

I've found that the latter works and the former doesn't but I thought I
may have something else wrong.

Thanks for your help,
See ya
Ken