Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme[_2_] Bernard Liengme[_2_] is offline

Default Need help creating macros

Hi,
This is not very sophisticated but seems to work with the data you provided.

Sub tryme()
LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

For j = 1 To LastRow
LastCol = Cells(j, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
If LastCol < 7 Then
Range(Cells(j + 1, 1), Cells(j + 1, 10)).Copy Destination:=Cells(j, 5)
Cells(j + 1, "A") = "VOID"
LastCol = Cells(j, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
For k = LastCol To 1 Step -1
If IsEmpty(Cells(j, k)) Then
Cells(j, k).Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
End If
Next k
End If
Next j

'delete marked rows
For j = LastRow To 1 Step -1
If Cells(j, "A") = "VOID" Then
Rows(j).EntireRow.Delete
End If
Next j

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Atom Oaks" wrote in message
Sorry, I did not realize that the format changed after I posted. This is
how
my worksheet looks:

Purple Purple Purple Purple*
Purple " " " Green Green Green*
Blue Blue Blue Blue Red Red Red*
Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow*
Yellow " " " Orange Orange Orange*
Brown Brown Brown Brown Teal Teal Teal*
Black Black Black Black Grey Grey Grey*

" = 1 blank cell
* = end of row

And I am trying to find and combine all the duplicate rows in Column A so
that my work sheet looks like this:

Purple Purple Purple Purple Green Green Green*
Blue Blue Blue Blue Red Red Red*
Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Orange Orange Orange*
Brown Brown Brown Brown Teal Teal Teal*
Black Black Black Black Grey Grey Grey*

So far, this is what I have come up with:

Sub CombineDelete()
'
' Macro2 Macro
' Macro recorded 1/8/2010 by Information Systems
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+q
'
Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.Offset(0, 10)).Select
Selection.Cut
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select
Selection.EntireRow.Delete
End Sub

It does the job, but requires that I manually locate the duplicates and
use
a hotkey. So any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully this post
is
much better. Thank you!