Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default How to extract list of persons available from an availability list

Thanks, Roger!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote in message
Neat solution, Biff

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Here's a small sample file that demonstrates this.

xGeoH.xls 14kb

http://cjoint.com/?bjs25I5muc

Note that the formulas entered in C15:C19 are array formulas.

Array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of
CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key and the
SHIFT key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"GeoH" wrote in message
Using Excel I have prepared a table listing in column A fixture dates of
matches and in row 1 a list of persons and and inserted "y" in
appropriate
name column their availability for certain fixtures. How can I easily
extract
a list of persons available on a certain date i.e. where there is a "y"
in
their name column in a fixture date row

signature database 4756 (20100109) __________

http://www.eset.com