Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Two types of Data Validation in a cell?

=FIND(A1,UPPER("~YN"))1
your formula fail. If user enter both YN in a cell

Good catch. I didn't test for that possibility.

Try this one:

=(LEN(A1)=1)*(FIND(A1,UPPER("YN")))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Teethless mama" wrote in message
Or, the robust version:

=FIND(A1,UPPER("~YN"))1

your formula fail. If user enter both YN in a cell

Try this one:

=AND(EXACT(A1,UPPER(A1)),OR(A1="Y",A1="N"))

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this...

=FIND(A1,"~YN")1

Or, the robust version:

=FIND(A1,UPPER("~YN"))1

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lakeville" wrote in message
I want to ensure that the data in a cell is either a capitalized Y or a
capitalized N. I understand how to do the data validation of a list
with Y
&
N. And I understand how to enforce capitalization:
=EXACT(A1,UPPER(A1)).
However, I don't understand how to enforce both for the same cell.

.