Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
glpeters glpeters is offline

Default function

Am preparing a (calendar) budget using Excel worksheet. In one column I have
listed all the monetary values of the particular budget items, on the day
that item will be spent. In 2nd column I have the text identifier of the
expense item. Several of the identifiers are the same, just appearing on
different days of the month, in the column. Question, how can I query one
particular item (identifier) and have it give me the total of all the values
for that particular item? Pretty new to this, so bear with me, thanx!