Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Joe User[_2_] Joe User[_2_] is offline

Default True/False, On/Off

PS....

I wrote:
I have not found a custom format that works when
the cell value is FALSE or TRUE per se.

But you might be able to ensure that the value in the cell (A1) is zero or
one instead of FALSE or TRUE. That depends on how that value is derived.
For example, if A1 has the formula =(B1=B2), you can change that to
=--(B1=B2). The "--" (or any other arithmetic operation) has the effect of
converting the boolean values to zero or one.