Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme[_2_] Bernard Liengme[_2_] is offline

Default True/False, On/Off

The second option is needed IF(A1="ON", "Cat", "Dog")
Note the double quotes (I expect you meant to use them!)
There is no way to alter FALSE to OFF, TRUE to ON
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"KRK" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a cell (say A1) which contains a value 0 or 1 , or equivalently
FALSE or TRUE. I use it in an IF function elsewhere,, eg.
IF(A1,'Cat','Dog').

No problem so far.

I would prefer to display 'OFF' or 'ON' in A1. Can I make OFF & ON
equivalent to boolean values, or must I change the formula to IF(a1='ON',
'Cat','Dog') ?

Thanks