Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wx4usa wx4usa is offline

Default Sumproduct entire month from mmddyyy?

On Jan 8, 1:24*pm, "T. Valko" wrote:
Try this...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(A2:A1000,"myyyy")=text(A1,"myyyy")),--(B2:B1000="salesperson"),C2:C1000)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"wx4usa" wrote in message

In A1 I have the date: mmddyyy. *I need a sumproduct formula to return
the sales for a sales person for the entire month and year for the
date in A1 even though just one day is entered into A1. Unfortunately
on this report, I can only reference the mmddyyy date in A1.

A2:A1000 has dates mmddyyy for each sale made
B2:B1000 has salesperson that made the sale
C2:C1000 has sales amount of each sale

I did check earlier post, but I could not figure out how to add the
year and the month from mmddyyy.

Biff's answer did it! Thanks Biff!