Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
trip_to_tokyo[_3_] trip_to_tokyo[_3_] is offline

Default Assign Macro to Icon on toolbar

In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions:-

Office Button (top left hand corner).

Excel Options

Customize

In:-

Choose commands from:

- select Macros

Highlight the Macro you wish to attach to the Save button

Add

Your Macro should now be added to the bottom of the list on the right hand
side. Click it to highlight it.

Select:-

Modify . . .

- button towards lower right hand side.

Choose the, €śSave€ť icon and hit OK. Your Macro now has that icon assigned to
it.

Click on OK.

Your new button will now appear on the far right hand side of the Quick
Access Tooolbar (which itself is found towards the top left hand corner of
your EXCEL 2007 window).

Thanks.

"HomeTaught" wrote:

I want to assign a macro (error message) to the SAVE icon on the Standard
Toolbar to disable that save function to get the user to use the save button
I have set up on the Sheet. I know it can be done because I have it on a
spreadsheet someone elsse set up but I cannot find where they set it up.

THANKS for any help.