Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
DennisM DennisM is offline

Default Excel File saved as Temp file

I have "upgraded" to Windows 7 from Vista. I am having numerous problems
with Excel (Office 2000) . One of those is that when I try to do a file
save, I get the message that It wouldn't save and that a temp file has been
created that I must rename and then try again.

When it does this, it won't allow me to save the file in any other location.
The Excel file completely disappears.

I can save new files in the same location as the file in question.

In another forum I followed links to a suggested fix, I tried those steps
and they did not give me anything useful.

I have screen prints of the error messages but do not know how to post them.

Any thoughts please ?

Thanks