Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Vlookup and Match combination

Hi

Supposing your data is on Sheet1 and you have Months in B1:M1 and Items in
A2:A100.
On Sheet2 you have items in A2:A100 and you enter a Month in B1
the formula in B2 will be
=INDEX(Sheet1!A$1:$M$100,
MATCH($A2,Sheet!$A$1:$A$100,0),MATCH($B$1,Sheet1!$ B$1:$M$1,0))
Copy down column B as far as required
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"ksal" wrote in message
If I have months across the top and balance sheet items down the side and
want to reference lets say Cash (A4) for Aug (column 7) this month but
switch
next Sep (column 8), I know that i can nest these two functions but it is
not
working properly. Can anyone help?

signature database 4751 (20100107) __________

http://www.eset.com