Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Minty Fresh Minty Fresh is offline

Default Help! Need to ignore 0s and blank cells in average formula!

What =average does is to add all of the cells with a numerical value
(including 0) and then divide that result by the number of cells containing a
numerical value.
=Average will skip blank cells and non-numerical cells, but it does not
ignore 0.
Try using =SUM function to get the total and divide by =COUNTIF if to ignore
blank and 0 value cells

"sandres74" wrote:

I have the following formula - which works - to calculate an average of
numbers that are listed in 3 separate columns:
=AVERAGE(E7:E126,M7:M129,U7:U128)

The problem is that I need the formula to ignore blank cells and cells that
contain a zero. I've tried many different things but just can't get it to
work!

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your help!