Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
pat67 pat67 is offline

Default pivot table sorting

On Jan 6, 12:59*pm, trip_to_tokyo wrote:
PO * * PO Line * *Vendor * Sum of Value
1234 * * *1 * * * * * * * X * * * * $100

For PO and PO Line are these number or text fields?

What ranges do they cover? So, for example, does PO Line run from 1 to 1000?
How is the data for PO Column (Field) structured? What range does it cover?

"pat67" wrote:
On Jan 6, 11:41 am, trip_to_tokyo wrote:
Pat you do not state what your PO and PO Lines are so the amount of help I
can provide you is limited.

I have put a file up for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

It is item number 30 towards the top of my home page (at the top at the
moment).

In EXCEL 2007:-

I will give explanation by way of reference to a file called pivot_top_ten.

In cell F16 there is a drop down button. Click this. Select Value Filters
then Top 10.

Pop up should appear with four fields:-

Show
Top 10 Items Sum of Value

Hit OK.

Top ten items (by Vendor) should now appear in the Pivot Table.

In the example that I have done Unilever does not appear in the Top Ten
which is correct.

Thanks.

"pat67" wrote:
Hello, I have data that includes alot of fileds but my pivot table has
PO, PO line, Vendor, and value. I need to sort the top 10 values by PO
and line item. I cannot seem to figure it out. Can someone help?

Thanks

I know that part here is the issue. PO is Purchase Order, PO Line is
the Purchase Order Line item. Here is what my pivot table looks like

PO * * PO Line * *Vendor * Sum of Value

1234 * * *1 * * * * * * * X * * * * $100

The issue is I can only sort by 1 column and I need to sort by 2. In
other words, I can get the top 10 for PO or PO line or Vendor. I need
by PO and PO line so the buyers can see what's the largest dollar
values. I concatenated the data into 1 field to make it work, but I
was wondering how to do it without concatenating data

numbered fields. PO is 8 digits and PO Line is 5 and will have 0's in
from i.e PO 46556789 Line 01230

like I said, i concatenated that to 46556789/01230 an was able to get
what I needed. My question was if it was possible without having to do
that