Max

SUMPRODUCT doesn't allow entire col references (H:H, A:A, etc) to be used.
Try changing the references to say, H1:H200 and A1:A200 instead, in the
formula ..
--
Rgds
Max
"Penny" wrote in message
I have seen multiple posts on this but for some reason I can't seem to get

it
to work. I have two columns and need to countif two conditions are

satisfied.

Gender (COL A) School (COL H)
Male Carter Middle School
Female Carter Middle School
Female Centennial
Female Carter Middle School

I want to know the number of Females at Carter Middle School. My data is

on
one worksheet and I want the formula to be on another. I have this but

get
an error (#NUM)

=SUMPRODUCT(--('8th Grade Field Test 1 Michigan'!H:H="Carter Middle
School"),--('8th Grade Field Test 1 Michigan'!A:A="Female"))

Thanks, Penny