Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Can I use & export data & sheets between Excel 2003 & 2007

MS has a conversion/compatibility program for reading the native xl2007 file
formats in xl2003.

Personally, I've changed the default fileformat for xl2007 to the old
(xl97-xl2003) .xls fileformat. Then I don't have to worry about fileformat
version differences.

SDinSD wrote:

I have excel 2003 on the office computer - I want to interchange & work on my
workbooks on my new laptop - do I need to install 2003 on the laptop to
insure interchange or can I put 2007 on the laptop and have them interchange ?

--

Dave Peterson