sledge97

I formatted the columns as CUSTOM 00000 and entered the formula as you
suggested in the sort column and I got #NUM! all the way down. I
clicked on one of the cells that I formatted to make sure it was CUSTOM
00000 and it had changed to SPECIAL - ZIP CODE. I don't know if that is
the problem, but it never stays as CUSTOM 00000.

Also, my inventory numbers vary from one to five digits and I can't
have a resulting sort with all numbers having five digits. For
example, I have one number of 041 representing one piece of equipment
and 0041 representing another. I believe that if the formula you gave
me would have worked for me, both would have sorted as 00041.

--
sledge97
sledge97's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19392